Durham Integrated Growers
For a Sustainable Community
DIG's purpose is to support local community food production and food security by:
- Sharing information, knowledge and skills
- Providing technical and developmental assistance
- Assisting with funding exploration and procurement
- Fostering potential partnerships and;
- Promoting and educating about sustainable production and access to local, healthy foods
DIG, Durham Integrated Growers for a Sustainable Community, has a mission to support community food production and food security through shared resources. DIG realizes that there are many difficult aspects of starting a community garden, for this reason, when available, a financial grant of up to $500.00 may be awarded to new community gardens within the Durham Region.
It’s that time of year! Time to come out and connect with other garden projects in Durham Region at our DIG Annual General Meeting being held Thursday, March 30 at 7pm at Salvation Army Oshawa Temple 570 Thornton Rd. North, Oshawa
DIG is excited to announce the gardens participating in this years Community Garden Tour. Please join us this Sunday July 26th in celebrating all the unique ways that Durham gardeners are producing tasty foods and beautiful flowers.