You can make a difference.
- Garden Profile on our website
- Discounts on DIG sponsored events
- Information sharing
- Admission to two education sessions
- Opportunity to participate in the annual Community Garden Tour
- Urban Agriculture Initiatives
- 25% of all membership fees are put towards the You Grow Durham Fund
You Grow Durham Fund
DIG, Durham Integrated Growers for a Sustainable Community, has a mission to support community food production and food security through shared resources. DIG realizes that there are many difficult aspects of starting a community garden, for this reason, when available, a financial grant of up to $500.00 may be awarded to new community gardens within the Durham Region.
Your donation allows us to connect people and help create new gardens all over the Durham Region.
Every dollar from your donation goes directly towards the support and creation of gardens in Durham.
25% of all membership fees and donations are put towards the You Grow Durham Fund to help NEW gardens get off the ground.
Membership is voluntary and open to all local individuals and organizations that agree with DIG's vision, mission, mandate and objectives, and are willing to actively participate.